ANR Employees
University of California
ANR Employees

Academic Employees Transferring from an ANR Unit to Another ANR Unit without a Break in Service

A break in service is any separation from employment status. Academic Human Resources will coordinate the transfer with the appropriate transferring ANR Unit (UCCE, REC, Program, Administrative) to ensure continuous UC service. Your appointment end date with your transferring ANR Unit must occur no earlier than the day before your new academic appointment begins.

For example of continuous service, your transferring ANR Unit ends your appointment on March 15th, therefore your new academic appointment should begin on March 16th (regardless of the day of the week). 

New Hire Checklist for ANR Internal Transfer

This checklist includes all of the required forms such as: New Employee Information Form, Employee’s Federal-State Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4 2019), etc. If applicable, an additional form such as a Compensatory Time Off (CTO) Election Form  may be required if non-exempt. 

All forms are required unless stated as "voluntary".

Webmaster Email: