Crucial Conversations training registration opens
ANR Learning & Development is sponsoring two “Crucial Conversations” trainings in spring 2017:
- Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 1-2, 2017, in Davis, at 2801 Second Street. On Wednesday, February 1, the training is from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Thursday, February 2, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday and Thursday, April 26-27, 2017, at the South Coast REC in Irvine. On Wednesday, April 26, the training is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Thursday, April 27, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- You may also select “I can participate in either session” when you pre-register.
Training is open to all UC ANR academics, UC ANR staff employees, and Cooperative Extension county-paid employees who have not taken the Crucial Conversations training in the past. All expenses related to the training (registration fee, travel, lodging, meals and training materials) will be reimbursed by UC ANR funds according to UC travel policy.
Twenty participants will be accepted for each training course. Individuals selected to participate in the training will need to participate the full period of the training. Therefore, if you cannot commit to the full 14 hours of training, we ask that you not pre-register for the training. We also encourage you to inform your supervisor of your interest to participate in this training.
If you are interested in the training, please pre-register by Nov. 30 at http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=19111.
Individuals who have pre-registered will be notified on December 9 of their acceptance to participate in the two-day training. A waiting list of those interested but not selected to participate in the training will be established in order for the trainers to contact you should individuals cancel from the training.
“Crucial Conversations” provides tools for talking when stakes are high, emotions are strong, and opinions differ. The objectives of the 14-hour training are to provide the participants tools that will assist the participant in:
- Building greater personal influence and power
- Moving “stuck” work-related relationships and projects forward
- Improving personal, team and unit results
- Reducing stress from team frustrations and blocked communication
Your program-certified trainers Jan Corlett and Linda Marie Manton thank you for considering participation in “Crucial Conversations” training. If you have questions, please contact Jan Corlett at Jan.Corlett@ucop.edu.