Crucial Conversations training registration opens
The UC ANR Training Coordination Committee is sponsoring two “Crucial Conversations” trainings this spring:
- Tuesday and Wednesday, April 12-13, at the Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center in Parlier. On April 12, the training is from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on April 13, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, May 17-18, at 2801 Second Street in Davis. On May 17, the training is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on May 18, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- You may also select “I can participate in either session” when you pre-register.
Training is open to all UC ANR academics, ANR staff employees, and Cooperative Extension county-paid employees who have not taken the Crucial Conversations training in the past. All expenses related to the training (registration fee, travel, lodging, meals and training materials) will be reimbursed by ANR funds according to UC travel policy.
Twenty participants will be accepted for each training course. Individuals selected to participate in the training will need to participate the full period of the training. Therefore, if you cannot commit to the full 14 hours of training, we ask that you not pre-register for the training. We also encourage you to inform your supervisor of your interest to participate in this training.
If you are interested in the training, please pre-register by March 10 at http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=17197.
Individuals who have pre-registered will be notified on March 21 as to whether they have been selected to participate in the two-day training. A waiting list of those interested but not selected to participate in the training will be established in order for the trainers to contact them if space becomes available.
Crucial Conversations provides tools for talking when stakes are high, emotions are strong and opinions differ. The objectives of the 14-hour training are to provide the participants tools that will assist the participant in:
- Building greater personal influence and power
- Moving “stuck” work-related relationships and projects forward
- Improving personal, team and unit results
- Reducing stress from team frustrations and blocked communication
Your program certified trainers, Jan Corlett and Linda Marie Manton, thank you for considering participation in “Crucial Conversations” training. If you have questions contact Jan Corlett at Jan.Corlett@ucop.edu.