Posts Tagged: Vice Provost ��� Cooperative Extension
Following an interview process and review of the feedback collected from the search committee and seminar attendees as well as the application materials, AVP Wendy Powers requested that the Vice Provost – Cooperative Extension search be extended so that we may solicit more candidates for consideration.
“Although we saw several strong applicants, we want to be certain that we have done our due diligence in finding the very best person for this critical job,” she said.
The Vice Provost – Cooperative Extension is a key position that provides oversight and coordination for the academic review process. In addition, the person in this position will provide leadership and vision for our network of county leaders and how we partner with counties, seeking to strengthen these partnerships going forward while providing support to UC ANR county leaders. Chris Greer will continue to fulfill the duties of the Vice Provost until June 30.
"I want to thank the search committee for the exceptional work they have done to date," Powers said. "I especially appreciate their continued willingness to search for that extraordinary leader who possesses the unique set of skills needed to build on UC ANR's current successes and direct our programs toward California's future needs."
The ideal candidate will be a leader who
- understands the complexity of our county partnerships and the county-by-county needs across California;
- can create, gain buy-in to and deploy a vision to support Cooperative Extension county leadership and facilitate their success;
- appreciates the breadth in program areas within UC Cooperative Extension;
- has extensive personnel experience with academic hiring and merit and promotion processes; and
- can quickly get up to speed, building on his or her past demonstrated expertise in Extension and academia.
The Vice Provost – Cooperative Extension position is an ongoing recruitment until the position is filled.