Posts Tagged: animal welfare
ANR has formed the UC Animal Welfare Advisory Council, which is comprised of veterinarians, animal science professionals, and other experts from the University of California system, the California State University system, Colorado State University and the private sector.
The group will review issues of animal welfare related to agriculture and make science-based recommendations to improve the welfare of livestock and poultry.
Members of the council are as follows:
- Daniel M. Dooley (chair), UC Vice President for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Oakland
- Bennie Osburn (vice chair), Dean, School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis
- Alex Ardans, Professor Emeritus, School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis
- Richard Breitmeyer, State Veterinarian, California Department of Food and Agriculture, Sacramento
- Dave Daley, Professor, College of Agriculture, California State University, Chico
- Ron Faoro, Veterinarian and Past President of the California Veterinary Medical Association, Sacramento
- Temple Grandin, Professor of Animal Science, Colorado State University, Fort Collins
- Dave McCrystal, Veterinarian, Chair of Executive Board, American Veterinary Medical Association, Schaumburg, Ill.
- Joy Mench, Professor, Department of Animal Science, UC Davis
- Jim Reynolds, Veterinarian, School of Veterinary Medicine, UC Davis, and Chair of the American Veterinary Medical Association Animal Welfare Committee
- Andrew Thulin, Head, Department of Animal Science, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Neal Van Alfen, Dean, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, UC Davis
- Rick Standiford (ex-officio), Associate Vice President, UC Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Oakland
- Steve Nation (ex-officio), Executive Director, Governmental and External Relations, UC Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Oakland