Posts Tagged: Learning and Development
Be an active participant in your performance review discussion. It will empower you and shows that you care about your work and your development.
To prepare, review your:
- Job description
- Objectives set for the review period
- Any documentation, notes, status reports you have drafted or even a self-assessment
Continue reading here.
- Learn the difference between skills and competencies
- Identify UC Core Competencies
- Fill out a self-assessment to contemplate your skill strengths and skill gaps
The CSIT Web Development team is bringing several SiteBuilder training sessions to several locations:
- Monday, May 7, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. in Davis
- Thursday, May 17, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Hopland (FULL)
- Thursday, May 24, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at Kearney
The classes are designed for ANR people in need of proficiency in creating and maintaining websites.
- The basics to get up and running with SiteBuilder
- Best practices in web design
- Search engine optimization
- Employing images
- Social media integration
- Web accessibility
- Introduction to new designs and functionalities of the future SiteBuilder platform
Register at http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=24549. A training location may be added in Southern California.
Register for the New Employee Administrative Orientation
Wednesday, May 23, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
UC ANR Building, 2801 Second Street, Davis, CA 95618
Learn more and register here.
Who should attend: All UC ANR employees (academics, staff and affiliated staff on campuses, counties and RECs) who have not participated in an administrative orientation in the past. Priority will be given to those hired by ANR within the past year.
- Learn about ANR's vision and mission
- Learn about ANR structure and individual programs and units
- Interact with ANR leadership and directors
- Meet and network with new colleagues from around the state
- Get answers to burning questions about health benefits, AggieTravel, and more!
You bring the coffee, tea, or beverage and we will bring you the first virtual WebANR Café Thursday on May 17 at noon: Planning makes Perfect: Best Practices for Engaging Webinars.
During this webinar, Brook Gamble, community educator specialist with the California Naturalist Program, and Steven Worker, 4-H academic advisor will help you:
- Improve your understanding of the critical steps for preparation, implementation, and post webinar follow-up
- Introduce ZOOM capabilities
- Introduce tricks of the trade to keeping webinar participants engaged and not checking their e-mail
Join us at:
(646) 558-8656 or + (669) 900-6833
Webinar ID: 963 167 636
WebANRs will be recorded and linked to the WebANR Café Thursday page.
Use Your Subscription to Corporate Executive Board Learning & Development
As a UCANR employee you have automatic membership to a top-notch professional development resource. Interested in cultivating your career to the next level of performance? If yes, check out Corporate Executive Board (CEB) Learning & Development. It takes seconds to register or reset a password and participate in webinars, download job aids and participate in discussion forums.
Here is a quick list of a few CEB resources:
Resources for All Employees – Develop yourself as a high-performing employee, not only effective at your tasks, but also as someone who contributes to others' performance and uses others' contributions to improve your own performance.
On-the-Job Activity Builder – Use this interactive tool to build employee development plans with recommended on-the-job learning activities, based on the competencies you select.
Manager Guide: Holding Effective Career Discussions – Guide your direct reports through identifying and progressing toward their career aspirations.
Manager Excellence Resource Center – Find manager development and employee development resources at this online portal (separate from the L&D member website).