ANR Staff Assembly seeks active members
The mission of the University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) Staff Assembly is to cultivate satisfied, dedicated and professional staff and to work with UC ANR Senior Leadership and other members of the ANR community to promote the interest and welfare of all staff employees. The Staff Assembly Council represents all UC ANR staff – full-time, part- time, limited-term, contract, career, represented, unrepresented and contingent employees. Members of the council seek staff input on policies, processes and programs, and serve in an advisory capacity to UC ANR leadership, giving staff a collective voice on issues of concern. The council offers wellness programs, educational reimbursements, the ANR Grows program, and ambassadors for each ANR location.
For Staff Assembly to be successful, volunteers are needed on the council.
Are you interested in:
- Building leadership skills?
- Offering opinions and recommendations to senior leadership?
- Fostering an understanding of ANR's mission?
- Helping ANR staff members further their career advancement?
If so, please consider being nominated for one of the following vacant positions.
Jr. Council of University of California Staff Assemblies (CUCSA) delegate (Two-year term and employee must be unrepresented)
Delegates for this position should demonstrate the following attributes:
- Possess a broad knowledge and understanding of the University of California system.
- Understand concerns and issues faced by staff.
- Have ability to consider and speak to issues from various perspectives.
- Make a commitment to attend and participate in quarterly CUCSA meetings and committees.
- Have full support from supervisor to participate in all CUCSA activities
For more information go to https://cucsa.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/85/2018/01/junior_delegate_info_sheet.pdf
Scribe (one-year commitment)
Duties for this position include:
- Takes and prepares Staff Assembly Council minutes, including capturing action items.
- Provides timely written minutes to all SA Council members. Uses Collaborative Tools to maintain archive of minutes and to disseminate notes.
- Consults with the chair and vice chair on the appointment of committees and committee members.
- Works with the chair and program chair to send “thank you” letters to guest speakers.
- Assumes other responsibilities as specified elsewhere in the bylaws or as requested by the chair.
- This is a 2.5 to 5 hour per month time commitment, depending on time of year and voluntary extra activities with the SAC.
Communications chair/coordinator (one-year commitment)
Duties for this position include:
- Serves as a liaison between Staff Assembly Council and all UC ANR staff to promote and advocate improved communication and interaction.
- Maintains and updates website as needed to reflect current and accurate information.
- Promotes UC ANR Staff Assembly events and programs as needed and works in conjunction with appropriate workgroup or committees to disseminate appropriate promotions.
- Creates and manages social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Attends Monthly Staff Assembly Council meetings, bi-annual meetings and annual ambassador meetings.
- Assumes other responsibilities as specified elsewhere in the bylaws or as needed.
- This is 5-10 hour per month time commitment, depending on time of year and voluntary extra activities with the SAC.
For more information, please contact your local ambassador or go to our website: http://staffassembly.ucanr.edu.