Positions available on UC ANR Staff Assembly Council
Staff Assembly Council is recruiting for two UC ANR staff members to complete the remainder of the term for two positions on the Staff Assembly Council - communications chair/coordinator and program chair. The terms run through June 30, 2021.
All UC ANR staff employees are members of the UC ANR Staff Assembly, including county-paid, part-time and limited-appointment staff. The elected leaders of the group make up the council, which meets monthly via Zoom to plan activities and address staff issues. The council regularly seeks input from staff on policies, processes and programs and serves in an advisory capacity to UC ANR leadership, giving staff a collective voice on issues of concern. The council also provides support for career training and professional development to aid career advancement.
To learn more about UC ANR Staff Assembly, visit its website at http://staffassembly.ucanr.edu.
Following are excerpts from the Staff Assembly Bylaws that detail the role of the two vacant positions:
- Serves as a liaison between Staff Assembly Council and all UC ANR staff to promote and advocate improved communication and interaction.
- Maintains and updates website as needed to reflect current and accurate information.
- Promotes UC ANR Staff Assembly events and programs as needed and works in conjunction with appropriate workgroup or committees to disseminate appropriate promotions.
- Assumes other responsibilities as specified elsewhere in the bylaws or as needed.
- Develops and submits to the SA Council for approval a list of possible topics for programs.
- Schedules programs, meetings and guest speakers and coordinates other details.
- Works with the chair and scribe to send “thank you” letters to guest speakers.
- Coordinates the SA Ambassador Program.
- Oversees the Educational Reimbursement Scholarship Program committee member(s).