Racial Equity in Extension webinar recordings available
If you missed the UC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program's webinar series “Racial Equity in Extension,” you can watch the recordings. All six of the webinars are now available on UC ANR's YouTube channel in a playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLjlfxpbNglZnj700E62ZB4Gn4UoKAsYv.
In response to participants' questions, UC SAREP is providing additional reading recommendations on conducting research with Indigenous people, and guidelines for working at the interface between western science and Indigenous knowledge.
- Exploring the Interface Between Science and Indigenous Knowledge – Mason Durie, Massey University, New Zealand
- A New Era of Indigenous Research: Community-based Indigenous Research Ethics Protocols in Canada – J. of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics
- Protocols and Principles for Conducting Research in an Indigenous Context – University of Victoria, Faculty of Human and Social Development
For employees who are interested in collaborating with colleagues to advance diversity, equity and inclusion, UC ANR has two groups you can join:
- The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alliance – An opportunity to work with peers to spearhead DEI efforts organization-wide, within UC ANR. For more information, visit https://ucanr.edu/sites/deialliance/DEI_Alliance_Home/
- The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice Program Team – Gain opportunities to learn and collaborate with like-minded colleagues to improve our capacity to serve diverse external clientele across California. Contact Clare Gupta or Christy Getz for more information on how to join.