Posts Tagged: UCPath
Starting Wednesday, Dec. 9, at 10 p.m. to Monday, Dec. 14 at 6 a.m., the UCPath system will be unavailable to all UC employees during the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cutover.
During this outage, you will not have access to the UCPath system including applicants to UC ANR jobs, but UCPath Center phone access will be available as normal: 855-982-7284 (Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
UCPath outage begins: Wednesday, Dec. 9, 10 p.m.
Resume time: Monday, Dec. 14, 6 a.m.
The UCPath Center staff continues to work remotely with new phone hardware and software to support calls from employees, location administrators, former employees, vendors and third parties.
UCPath phone service information:
- UCPath phone number: 855-982-7284
- Business hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday starting July 27, excluding UC holidays
- Callers will be asked to authenticate with their eight-digit date of birth and last four digits of their social security number
- To ensure UCPath addresses employee questions or issues, callers must inform the UCPath associate if they are calling about an open inquiry
UC ANR contact information
In urgent cases where employees may not get ahold of UCPath or are not sure how to proceed, please contact:
As you begin holiday celebrations and look forward to the new year, the UCPath Center has some important year-end and new-year reminders to share. Please read closely and mark your calendar for upcoming deadlines.
2020 payroll notices
- Employees paid monthly will receive payment for December 2019 earnings on January 2, 2020. View the 2020 monthly payroll calendar.
- Employees paid biweekly will receive the first paycheck of 2020 on January 8. View the 2020 biweekly payroll calendar.
New year, new benefit enrollments
It is important to make sure that the benefits you enrolled in during Open Enrollment are reflected correctly in your paycheck. Here's a checklist to compare against.
The following table illustrates the coverage begin date for Open Enrollment changes and the paycheck on which new benefit rates take effect.
Open Enrollment Coverage Begin Date
Paycheck Deduction begin date
*2020 Disability premiums for January and Flexible Spending Account contributions deduct from the 1/8/2020 paycheck for bi-weekly employees.
** 2020 Flexible Spending Account contributions deduct from the 1/2/2020 paycheck for monthly employees. 2020 Disability premiums for January deduct from the 2/1/2020 paycheck for monthly employees.
Jan. 18, 2020: Tax information deadline
The UCPath Center will begin processing W-2s in late January. In order to ensure that the information on your W-2 is complete, accurate and reaches you, please take the following steps by January 18.
- Verify your home mailing and personal email address in UCPath online. Even if you plan to opt for a digital W-2, it's important that UC can reach you.
- Verify your dependents. UC needs the social security numbers of your spouse/domestic partner and any dependents. To review and update, log into UCPath online and go to Employee Actions > Health and Welfare > Dependent Coverage.
- International workers: Verify your GLACIER account information. International persons receiving UC wages may receive either a W-2 or 1042-S. Verify that your email and home mailing addresses match exactly in UCPath online and in the GLACIER database to ensure that your tax information is sent correctly. You can also opt for an electronic 1042-S through GLACIER.
W-2s for the 2019 tax year
For the 2019 tax year, UCANR employees will receive two W-2 statements:
- W-2 statement from AYSO will cover your January – September 2019 paychecks.
- W-2 statement from UCPath will cover your October - December 2019 paychecks.
- If your first paycheck was after September 30, 2019, you will only receive one W-2 from UCPath.
- Opt-in to receive your W-2 electronically. It's easy, safe and convenient! Sign up today at UCPath online and click on Employee Actions >Income and Taxes> Enroll to Receive Online W-2.
- Box C of the 1095 Affordable Care Act form will display the UCPath address as your employer.
Federal and State Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- All W-2 notifications include IRS Notice 797, alerting you that you may be eligible for the federal EITC, a benefit for working people with low to moderate income. To qualify, you must meet certain requirements and file a tax return, even if you do not owe any tax or are not required to file. The federal EITC reduces the amount of tax you owe and may give you a refund. For more information, visit the IRS website or contact the IRS at (800) 829-3676.
- Similarly, you may be eligible for the California EITC. To claim this credit, you must file a CA income tax return, and complete and attach the CA EITC form (FTB 3514). For more information visit the Franchise Tax Board website or call (800) 852-5711.
Claiming exemption from withholding
The IRS requires you to complete a new W-4 form each year if you are claiming exemption from tax withholding. If you wish to claim exemption from withholding in 2020, you must make this choice on UCPath online before Feb. 15, 2020.
Have questions or need help?
Please visit UCPath and click on “Ask UCPath Center” to submit an inquiry. You can also speak with an associate by calling the UCPath Center at (855) 982-7284 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
UC ANR's implementation of the UCPath payroll and HR system has gone smoothly since our launch on Sept. 27. More than 1,000 ANR employees received their first paychecks accurately and on schedule on Oct. 1 and 2.
Approximately 12 ANR employees noticed their medical plan coverage was dropped during the cutover. In these cases, the Beehive support team worked closely with the UCPath Center in Riverside to review and resolve the issues and ensure that the employees were able to access their medical providers.
We strongly encourage you to log in to the UCPath portal and click on the "Review Benefits" link to check your coverage. If there appears to be a problem with your medical, dental or vision plans, please contact the UC ANR Beehive immediately.
- Phone: (888) 585-7084
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The first time you log in to UCPath at ucpath.universityofcalifornia.edu:
- You'll be prompted to set up five security questions. The security questions help verify your identity and prevent unauthorized access or changes to your financial, health benefits and personal information.
- You'll be asked to complete a questionnaire. This voluntary questionnaire allows you to self-identify veteran and disability status, race, ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation. You can “decline to state” for any question, though this information provides important data about UC employee diversity and informs UC's efforts to create an inclusive environment.
Learn more at ucpath.ucanr.edu.
All ANR employees may now access UCPath at ucpath.universityofcalifornia.edu.
UCPath is the University of California's modernized payroll and HR system. The UCPath self-service employee portal is mobile-friendly and available 24x7. Please take some time to get familiar with what you can do on UCPath and understand what has changed.
View your earnings statements
Monthly paid employees can view their first UCPath earnings statement on September 29.
Biweekly paid employees can view theirs on September 30.
Earnings statements generally are available at UCPath one day before payday.
In UCPath, you can choose the Employee Actions link to:
- View/update your personal information
- Check your vacation and sick leave balances
- View your health and welfare enrollments
- Sign up for (or update) your direct deposit.
The Help/FAQ section includes step-by-step instructions for most UCPath features.
Employee pay and UCPath
With UCPath, you will see a number of changes:
- Paper paychecks are no longer available to pick up at your local office. The UCPath Center will mail paychecks on payday to the home address listed in UCPath. It can take up to 10 days to receive your check via the U.S. Post Office. If you prefer, you can sign up for direct deposit at UCPath or submit a request for a Personal Paycard (currently only available to non-represented and Clerical unit (CX) employees)
- Earnings statements look different. Your earnings statement includes a new employee ID number. See Understanding Your UC Paycheck.
- Vacation and sick leave balances are no longer on your paycheck. You can view them in UCPath under Employee Actions.
- Some deductions may be shown in a new order or be listed under different names. There may be minor differences in calculations for taxes and voluntary deductions.
- AYSO is now view-only for functions that have moved to UCPath.
- You will receive two W-2s for 2019 earnings: Because we transitioned to UCPath mid-year, in January you'll get one W-2 in AYSO for earnings prior to UCPath go-live and another W-2 in UCPath for the rest of the year. Sign up to receive your electronic W-2 on UCPath online.
How to get help
The Beehive is a support team made up of UC ANR team members who have UCPath expertise and UC ANR knowledge. The Beehive is available if you have questions about incorrect pay, missing deductions, incorrect personal data, login issues, or if you're generally unsure where to get help.
- Phone: 1-888-585-7084
- Email: email@example.com
Learn more at ucpath.ucanr.edu.