Posts Tagged: training
How can a law almost as old as our country work in today's high-tech universities? On April 4, UC ANR Office of Contracts and Grants will sponsor a workshop and webinar to provide academic basic information on copyright law and policies related to teaching and research, and how they affect typical needs of our university community. The workshop, which runs from 9 a.m. to noon, is intended to give academics a better sense of how copyrights work at UC ANR.
- What is copyright? How is it different from patents and trademarks?
- Who owns copyrights at UC ANR?
- How does one get a copyright?
- When and how can one use copyright-protected material belonging to someone else?
- If there is no money involved, does it really matter?
- How does the Internet affect copyright?
Presenter Jan Carmikle, Esq., has been a part of UC Davis since 1985 in a variety of roles. She is currently the senior intellectual property officer at UC Davis' InnovationAccess, a unit of the Office of Research with an emphasis on copyrights and material transfer agreements. She is also the UC Davis designated agent for the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Three ways to participate:
1. In person at the UC ANR Building in Davis: Click here to RSVP so we can plan for parking, seats and coffee.
2. Online at https://ucanr.zoom.us/j/861986107. Webinar ID: 861 986 107
3. By phone by dialing (408) 638-0968 or (646) 558-8656 (toll call)
At the 2017 UC People Management Conference, Aug. 1 and 2, participants will hear from inspiring speakers, learn from peers and industry experts and stay current with people management trends.
Conference topics will include
- Human Resources & Management Practices
- Leadership & General Management
- Change Management
- Talent Management
- Employee Relations
- Financial Management
- Labor Relations
To attend the conference, participants must complete of one of the following:
- UC Systemwide People Management Series and Certificate
- Management Development Program
- UC-CORO Systemwide Leadership Collaborative
Registration is $350 and cancellations before June 1, 2017, will be fully refunded. Register at https://pmc.ucop.edu.
UC ANR Learning & Development will sponsor a limited number of eligible supervisors. If you would like to be considered for sponsorship, please complete the survey at https://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=20278. To be eligible for sponsorship, UC ANR employees must complete by May 1 (extended from April 1) the UC Systemwide People Management Series and Certificate found at the UC Learning Center - http://lms.ucdavis.edu. Course numbers are at http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/259104.pdf.
On Aug. 1, the conference will open with a networking reception.
The conference will be held at UCLA Luskin Conference Center, 425 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095. A limited number of guestrooms are reserved at the Luskin Conference Center for a group rate of $239 per night. A promocode for the group rate will be included in the registration confirmation email.