International Forestry Education
- Is there a demand for graduates with an international focus? Can this best be provided through partnerships with international programs?
- Are these opportunities driven by the increasing global nature of forestry or by values associated with graduates being more broadly educated?
- What are the international trends related to forestry education?
- What are the characteristics of successful international programs?
- What are the main constraints to broader participation of students in international programs?
- Is second language competency a key competency for international forestry education?
Session Chair: Peter Kanowski, Australian National University
Confirmed Participants: Janette Bulkan, UBC; Jim Johnson, Oregon State; Richard Kobe, Michigan State; Piotr Paschalis-Jakubowicz, Poland; Hal Salwasser, Oregon State; Tat Smith, Toronto; Rick Standiford, UC Berkeley; Court Washburn, Hancock; Tim White, Univ. FLA