Diversifying Student Demographics
- Is there a demand for graduates with ethnic/race or gender differences?
- Why are females and minorities less attracted to natural resource disciplines than to other disciplines in many universities?
- Why are females and minorities less attracted to forestry than to most other disciplines in natural resources at most universities?
- Why are there differences among ethnic/racial groups in their attraction to forestry and related natural resource disciplines?
- Why do some universities attract a higher percentage of females and minorities in forestry and related areas of natural resources than do other universities?
Session Chair: Terry Sharik, Michigan Tech
Confirmed Participants: Jim Allen, NAU; Janette Bulkan, UBC; Vic Lieffers, Univ. Alberta; Thomas Maness, Oregon State; Maureen McDonough, Mich. State; Katie McGown, UC Berkeley; Doug Piirto, Cal Poly; Christina Restaino, UW; Ken Ward, AAMU