Cottage food operators in California must meet specific
requirements related to:
- registering with their Environmental Health agency
- marketing only cottage foods on the approved food list through either indirect and/or direct sales to consumers
- completing a food processor training course
- implementing sanitary food preparation operations
- creating compliant labels
- operating within established gross annual sales limits
Operators must also obtain approval from their local planning department and may need to comply with other requirements.
Contact Webmaster for general inquiries and comments.