2012 Award Ceremony
Award recipients present were Danny and Renu Takao, Steve and Pat Austin, Brad Polzin, and Diane and Allen Barnes. Not present were Doug and Elizabeth Drynan, and Romy Smit. Each of the six selected received a large Margaret Hudson quail with personalized plaque, a framed certificate, and a yard sign with the program’s quail logo. The logo, shown left, was created and donated by local artist and Clovis Botanical Garden volunteer Marcy Ruona.
7 Guiding Principles
1. Conserve water and ensure water quality.
2. Conserve energy and protect air quality.
3. Nurture the soil.
4. Reduce garden waste to send less to the landfill.
5. Practice Integrated Pest Management.
6. Select appropriate plants.
7. Create and protect wildlife habitat.