How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the Central Valley Friendly Landscape Award, read on to discover everything you need to know about the award, how to qualify, and how to apply.
To Qualify: Before submitting an application, please confirm that the following requirements are met.
- Your home garden must be at a single-family residential home or at a commercial facility located in the Fresno/Clovis Metropolitan Area.
- Gardens must comply with existing local codes and laws.
- All of the Required Practices are followed (see Central Valley Friendly Checklist page for the applicable checklist)
- A minimum number of practices must be met in each section of the Landscape Principles. (see Central Valley Friendly Checklist page for the applicable checklist)
- Your entire garden will be evaluated and considered for an award based on the enclosed checklists, photos, and possible site visit or phone interview. Gardens that most successfully exemplify the Central Valley Friendly Landscaping principles will be selected to receive an award. Preference will be given to those landscapes which are fully installed.
To Apply: Send the following items to the address below.
- Completed application
- Required Practices: Sign if you qualify and include with your application.
- Landscape Principles Checklist: Check off only those practices that apply in your entire garden.
- Photos: Submit a minimum of three photos of your garden. You may also include up to six "before" photos, if available. Please note that photos will not be returned to the applicant. You may also choose to email your photos to CVFriendlyLandscaping@gmail.com
City of Fresno Water DivisionCV Friendly Landscape Awards1910 E. University Ave.Fresno, CA 93703-2927
Mail completed application, required principles, landscape checklist and photos to:
-Award recipients will receive a large sculpture of a quail designed by local artist Margaret Hudson and a Central Valley Friendly Landscape logo sign for their garden.
-Award recipients will agree to post the provided Central Valley Friendly Landscape sign in their front yard in a prominent location visible to the street for a minimum of one year.
-Award recipients may reapply after five years.
For questions about the program, please contact: CVFriendlyLandscaping@gmail.com or you may leave a message at (559) 621-5480.
Please allow time for a response to your inquiry.
Print Application and Checklist
If you are ready to apply, or simply want to use the checklist to evaluate and modify your garden, click the link below to download the application and checklist.
Residential Application and Checklist (pdf)
October 1 - March 31
Notification of Award Recipients:
June (date to be announced)
Clovis Botanical Garden
945 N. Clovis Avenue