Creating an Account
Creating an Individual Account
As a learning management system, eXtension requires each user to have their own individual account that requires a unique email address to create.
Steps to Creating an eXtension account:
- Go to the "Create an Account" page by clicking on the button below.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Account Details-should include unique user name, password, and the email that the individual will use to login to the account (ex. mybusiness+Joe@gmail.com if using a family account).
- Contact Details-First and Last Name should match the name used in the 4-H Online enrollment system. Also, if a parent or guardian is registering their child for an account, this should reflect the child's name and not the adults.
- Click the "create account" button to submit.
- Repeat with each individual's unique information (if signing up multiple individuals).
- Save and store Login information.
Creating Multiple Accounts from a Shared Email
You can create multiple accounts on a shared email address by following the instructions for creating the instructions above for creating an individual account and adding "+Name" to the part before the @, with no spaces to the shared email address.
For example, if your shared email address is email@example.com, then enter this as the email address:
This will allow you to create separate accounts on extension.org. In most cases, the email provider will ignore "+Name" in the address and route messages to the shared email account.