Spring 2020 Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshops
For five upcoming workshops on using prescribed fire on private lands.
March 13th: UC Cooperative Extension Office, 1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4, Napa, CA Napa Rx Fire Workshop flyer_March2020 final
April 28th & 29th: On line (two days): Recorded presentations with online chat with speakers on workshop days. Rx Fire for Foresters online workshop April 28 & 29 2020
- Prescribed fire as a management tool
- Cultural burning
- Permitting and legal considerations
- Cal Fire’s Vegetation Management Program
- Fire weather forecasting / online tools
- Air quality and smoke management
- Prescribed burn associations
- Local fire history
- Fire terms and fire behavior
- Burn plan development
- Burn unit preparation
- Tools and equipment
These workshops are designed for landowners and managers looking to gain skills in prescribed fire planning and implementation. The first day will consist of classroom lecture, instruction, and exercises. Workshops with a second day will include a field trip to view lands actively managed with prescribed fire and take part in a prescribed fire, permit / weather allowing.
Registration with a fee is required. Register at:
- March 13th http://ucanr.edu/prescribedfiremarch13
- March 19th/20th http://cemariposa.ucanr.edu
- March 24th http://ucanr.edu/2020rxworkshop
- March 25th https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prescribed-fire-on-private-lands-workshop-orland-tickets-97794683531
- March 26th http://ucanr.edu/2020rxworkshop
For more information. For questions, contact Susie Kocher, firstname.lastname@example.org (530) 542-2571.
2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops 2019 Fall Prescribed Fire Workshops
- December 13th, 2019: Chico State University’s Big Chico Creek Reserve, 3521 14 Mile House Rd, Forest Ranch, CA
- November 5th and 6th, 2019: Central Sierra Historical Museum, 42642 Tollhouse Road, Shaver Lake, CA 93664 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Shaver Lake
- October 18th and 19th, 2019: UC Berkeley Forestry Camp, 8091 Schneider Creek Rd, Meadow Valley, CA 95956. 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops _Plumas flyer .
- October 10th, 2019, 9am - 4:30pm: American Legion Hall, 11401 American Legion Drive, Sutter Creek, CA 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Central Sierra
- October 8th, 2019, 9am - 4:30pm: Ambulance, Fire and EOC Facility, 18440 Striker Court, Sonora, CA. 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Central Sierra
- June 5 and 6, 2019 at Hollister Veteran’s Memorial Building, 649 San Benito St, Hollister, CA Prescribed Burn Workshop 6-5 & 6 2019 - San Benito County
- June 3, 2019 at Hopland Research and Extension Center, Hopland, CA HREC Rx Fire Workshop flyer_June 2019 (002)
- May 17 and 18, 2019 at at UC Berkeley's Blodgett Research Forest, Blodgett Prescribed Fire Workshop 5-17 to 18 2019
Past workshop materials: Presentations from past workshops are posted here.