2020 Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshops
Save the Date!
For four upcoming workshops on using prescribed fire on private lands.
March 13th: UC Cooperative Extension Office, 1710 Soscol Avenue, Suite 4, Napa, CA (one day workshop) Napa Rx Fire Workshop flyer_March2020 final
March 19th & 20th: McCay Hall in Cathey’s Valley Park, 2820 State Hwy 140, Cathey’s Valley, CA (classroom day 3/19, burn day 3/20). Prescribed Fire Workshop Flyer 3-19-20 Mariposa
March 24th: El Dorado National Forest office conference room, 100 Forni Road, Placerville, CA (burn day in Georgetown in April) 2020 Spring Prescribed Fire Workshops
March 26th: Auburn City Fire Department, Station #1, 485 High Street, Auburn (burn day in Georgetown in April) 2020 Spring Prescribed Fire Workshops
- Prescribed fire as a management tool
- Cultural burning
- Permitting and legal considerations
- Cal Fire’s Vegetation Management Program
- Fire weather forecasting / online tools
- Air quality and smoke management
- Prescribed burn associations
- Local fire history
- Fire terms and fire behavior
- Burn plan development
- Burn unit preparation
- Tools and equipment
These workshops are designed for landowners and managers looking to gain skills in prescribed fire planning and implementation. The first day will consist of classroom lecture, instruction, and exercises. Workshops with a second day will include a field trip to view lands actively managed with prescribed fire and take part in a prescribed fire, permit / weather allowing.
Registration with a fee is required. Register for March 13th at http://ucanr.edu/prescribedfiremarch13 . Register for the 19th/20th at http://cemariposa.ucanr.edu March 24th or 26th at http://ucanr.edu/2020rxworkshop . For more information. For questions, contact Susie Kocher, firstname.lastname@example.org (530) 542-2571.
2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops 2019 Fall Prescribed Fire Workshops
- December 13th, 2019: Chico State University’s Big Chico Creek Reserve, 3521 14 Mile House Rd, Forest Ranch, CA
- November 5th and 6th, 2019: Central Sierra Historical Museum, 42642 Tollhouse Road, Shaver Lake, CA 93664 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Shaver Lake
- October 18th and 19th, 2019: UC Berkeley Forestry Camp, 8091 Schneider Creek Rd, Meadow Valley, CA 95956. 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops _Plumas flyer.
- October 10th, 2019, 9am - 4:30pm: American Legion Hall, 11401 American Legion Drive, Sutter Creek, CA 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Central Sierra
- October 8th, 2019, 9am - 4:30pm: Ambulance, Fire and EOC Facility, 18440 Striker Court, Sonora, CA. 2019 Prescribed Fire Workshops Central Sierra
- June 5 and 6, 2019 at Hollister Veteran’s Memorial Building, 649 San Benito St, Hollister, CA Prescribed Burn Workshop 6-5 & 6 2019 - San Benito County
- June 3, 2019 at Hopland Research and Extension Center, Hopland, CA HREC Rx Fire Workshop flyer_June 2019 (002)
- May 17 and 18, 2019 at at UC Berkeley's Blodgett Research Forest, Blodgett Prescribed Fire Workshop 5-17 to 18 2019
2018 Prescribed Fire Workshops
- November 9, 2018 at Bennett Valley Guild Hall, Santa Rosa, CA, Workshop flyer: Flyer for 11-9-2018 Sonoma Rx Fire Workshop
- October 2 and 4 2018 at Colfax Veterans Memorial Hall in Colfax (Placer County) and Ebbett’s Pass Fire District in Arnold (Calaveras County). Flyer for 10-2 & 10-4 2018 Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshops
- May 14 & 15 2018 at UC Berkeley's Blodgett Research Forest, Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshop 5-14 & 15-2018,
- May 16 & 17 2018 UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center, Prescribed Fire on Private Lands Workshop 5-16 & 17-2018
Past workshop materials: Presentations from past workshops are posted here.