University of California
The California Garden Web
CA Native Bentgrass
More from UC IPM: Lawn Insects | Lawn Diseases | Weed Management in Lawns | Mushrooms and Other Nuisance Fungi in Lawns
Our thanks to Mary Louise Flint, CE Specialist & Associate Director Urban and Community IPM and Dave Burger, UC AES Professor & Horticulturist, for providing structure and links for the Lawn section of the California Gardening web site.
How do I . . .
- conserve water and manage water during a drought?
- choose or identify my turf species - including best species for shade, sun, water efficiency, and different California regions?
- plant a new lawn?
- care for a newly planted lawn?
- renovate an old lawn?
- mow my lawn properly?
- water my lawn?
- fertilize my lawn?
- remove thatch?
- handle soil compaction?
- diagnose a problem or manage a pest - including: insects; diseases; gophers, moles and other animals; damage from nutrient deficiencies and other abiotic causes?
- identify or manage weeds?
Still in need of more information? Advice to Grow By - Ask Us HERE!