BLM Mojave Desert Native Plant Symposium
Registration is now open!
Mojave Desert Ecoregion:
Native Plant Materials Development and Restoration Symposium, 2017
November 14-16, 2017, at the Hampton Inn in Barstow, CA
This workshop is open to the public and free of charge.
Please contact Judy Perkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information, or if you would like to submit a presentation abstract. For registration site concerns, please contact Chris McDonald (email@example.com).
November 14 from 8am-5pm, registration opens at 7:30am. Nov. 15th from 8am-5pm
The DRAFT schedule can be found here MDNPP Symposium Announcement and Schedule_103017
Speaker sessions and topics will include:
- The National Seed Strategy
- Seeds of Success for restoration
- Seed transfer zone development for the Mojave Desert Ecoregion
- Desert tortoise habitat needs and habitat restoration
- Native plant materials development
- Mitigation and restoration under the Desert Renewable Energy and Conservation Plan
- Mojave Desert ecology and restoration research
- More to come
November 16, 8am-12pm: Half-day field trip to the Afton Canyon restoration site, Barstow BLM Field Office
Location and Info
The symposium will be held at the Hampton Inn in Barstow
2710 Lenwood Rd. Barstow, CA 92311
Lunches and refreshments will be up to the participants. There are a number of restaurants and a coffee shop nearby.
Registration and logistics assistance are being provided by the University of California, Cooperative Extension, and the Mojave Desert Resource Conservation District.