Photo Galleries 2008
Experimental Mechanical Harvests. Mechanical harvest of black table olives, cv. 'Manzanillo' using several harvesters.
- Nickels Field Day. Speakers from UC and industry, and demonstration of trunk-shaking harvesters. Nickels Soil Lab, Colusa Co.
- Harvest using trunk-shaking harvesters provided by Erick Neilsen Enterprises and Orchard Machinery Co. Nickels Soil Lab, Colusa Co.
- Rocky Hill Harvest. Harvest using the canopy-shaking harvester, DSE700, developed by Dave Smith Engineering, followed by grading of samples. 'Manzanillo' orchard, Rocky Hill Ranch.
- Pruning Mature Trees for Mechanical Harvest. Trees are mechanically hedged and skirted, in preparation for mechanical harvest.
- Trials in Argentina. The Colossus, an olive harvester developed by Maqtec, Inc. of Argentina, is in operation in experimental harvests.
- Trials in Portugal. The Colossus harvester in operation at Rabadoa Ranch near Beja, Portugal. Samples were collected at several points in the harvest pathway to assess harvester-related injury.