Where to learn more
- Come to a Master Gardener public workshop! Upcoming events are listed on the Events Calendar page.
- Become an Inyo-Mono Master Gardener! Details here.
Additional educational resources:
- Western Nevada College's Specialty Crops Institute - A program to provide training for alternative farming methods and for high-desert agriculture unique to Nevada and surrounding regions. Offers workshops that combine classroom training with on-farm experiences. Instructors are selected on a local and national basis to include industry experts, successful producers and educators.
- Grow Your Own: Weekly Steps to a Great Vegetable Garden - A 15-part series on how to garden successfully in northern Nevada. Each part is a 2-page fact sheet produced by extension faculty at University of Nevada, Reno Cooperative Extension.
- Fresh from the Garden - a "vegetable education" program for adult gardeners from Cooperative Extension Los Angeles. Five bilingual lessons that cover warm-weather vegetables, cool-weather vegetables, cooking vegetables for health and taste, and safe and easy preservation methods.