Various groups and volunteers have put together lists of tree species for specific regions in the Eastern Sierra. We have tried to compile these on this page.
Useful Tree Lists
- City of Bishop's Tree List
- Bishop City Park Arboretum
- Sherri Pueblo's " Trees Suited for Hammil (North Owens) Valley " List PDF (Good for all of Owens Valley)
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority Recommended Tree List
- Aspen Substitutes - Cheyenne Botanic Gardens
- Common Trees of Tahoe National Forest
- Plants that Thrive in Eastern Sierra Gardens
- Local Fall Color Guide
- Mono County Planting List
- Trees for the Desert Areas of Kern County (Useful for south Inyo and east Kern)
Roosevelt Tree Replacement Options
This resource was created to assist Big Pine in selecting a tree to replace the Roosevelt giant sequoia that died in 2020. If you're looking for a large evergreen tree for Owens Valley, this list may be helpful to you.