Ordering Oak-Related Publications
UC offers a number of different educational publications on various aspects of managing and conserving California's oak woodland resources.
These publications are shown below. Click on title of interest to you, and a brief description of the publication, prices, and ordering instructions are provided. Free publications can be dowloaded directly, or in some cases, ordered via e-mail on the space provided.
Oak Research Symposia - Download free copies of the 6 proceedings
- June 26-28, 1979; Claremont, CA; Proceedings of the symposium on the ecology, management, and utilization of California oaks - USDA Forest Service PSW-GTR 44
- November 12-14, 1986; San Luis Obispo, CA; Proceedings of the Symposium on Multiple-Use Management of California's Hardwood Resources - USDA Forest Service PSW-GTR 100
- October 31 - November 2, 1990; Davis, CA; Proceedings of the symposium on oak woodlands and hardwood rangeland management - USDA Forest Service PSW-GTR 126
- March 19-22 1996; San Luis Obispo, CA; Proceedings of a symposium on oak woodlands: ecology, management, and urban interface issues - USDA Forest Service PSW-GTR 160
- October 22-25, 2001; San Diego, CA; Proceedings of the fifth symposium on oak woodlands: oaks in California’s changing landscape - USDA Forest Service PSW-GTR 184
- October 9-12, 2006; Rohnert Park, CA; Proceedings of the sixth California oak symposium: today's challenges, tomorrow's opportunities - USDA Forest Service PSW-GTR 217
- November 3-6, 2014; Visalia, CA; 7th California Oak Symposium: Managing Oak Woodlands in a Dynamic World - USDA Forest Service PSW-XXX (in press - check back for download information.