Call for Presentation Abstracts is closed
Authors who already submitted will be notified soon
General Information for Presenters
Be sure to review the guidelines and requirements for presenters. Answers to your questions about registration, poster size, travel and more!
We encourage abstracts for presentations and posters from agency personnel, academics, land managers, and ranchers.
Accepted abstracts will be posted on the symposium website before the symposium.
Abstracts should include:
- Your presentation's basic content in the body of the abstract.
- A short title that accurately describes your abstract. Sometimes very long titles are submitted which do not accurately describe content.
- Author(s) information: List primary author's name and affiliation first followed by other authors' names and affiliations. Please don't include addresses, emails and phone numbers.
- Word file uploaded at the bottom of the online submission.
- Maximum of 250-300 words is preferred, but not more than one page.
Papers and extended abstracts submission deadline is Friday, April 1, 2022.
- Oral presenters are required to submit either a full paper or an extended abstract for the symposium proceedings.
- The proceedings will be published (online only) by the USDA-Forest Service Pacific Southwest Research Station (PSW).
- Author instructions will be posted in fall 2021.
For questions about the proceedings, contact Jessica Wright.
Potential session topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Advances in Science and Technology
- Agriculture (orchards, rangelands, vineyards, etc.)
- Ecosystem Services (air/water quality, healthy watersheds, agritourism, restoration, etc.)
- Effects of Climate Change
- Land Use/Conservation (conservation easements, land use change, etc.)
- Pests and Diseases (Sudden Oak Death, Goldspotted Oak Borer, etc.)
- Policy (mitigation, land use, etc.)
- NEW Practical Applications for Management
- Regeneration, Physiology, and Genetics
- Urban Oaks