Dialogue Session Agenda
PACE Davis February 20 Agenda
10 – Welcome and overview – Frank Mitloehner AAC PACE Co-Chair
10:15 – Over view of the Agenda for the Dialogues Session Kim Rodrigues
Lead Facilitators and Recorders for each Small Group
Group 1 – Kim R./Katherine Webb-Martinez;
Group 2 – Linda Manton/Kim Ingram;
Group 3 – Dorina Espinosa/JoLynn Miller;
Group 4 – Andrew Sutherland/Tunyalee
10:30 – Review Charge from UC ANR leaders –Kim Rodrigues
To seek broad input from UC ANR academics related to roles and responsibilities of AES faculty, CE specialists and advisors to support the UC ANR Mission and Vision.
10:40 – Review Initial survey findings – Kevin Day
11:00 – Organize Discussion around Key Issues from Survey Results - All
Kevin Day – AAC Member – responsible for Content related issues
Katherine – Recorder – responsible for capturing input from participants
Kim – Facilitator – responsible for process
Organize into 4 Small Dialogue Groups – Each supported by a facilitator and recorder
11:10 – 11:35 First Round of Topic(s) – 20 minutes: 5 minute review
- How do you define your clientele and who are they?
- How do you respond to changing clientele needs?
- Are advisors still clientele for specialists? What are the implications of this?
11:35 – 12:00 Second Round of Topic(s) – 20 minutes; 5 minute review
Roles and Relationships
- What are the ideal roles and characteristics for the different academic positions?
- What is the ideal relationship between AES faculty and advisors and specialists?
- Are advisors becoming more like specialists with regard to program content, statewide leadership and expertise, and what are the implications of this to ANR?
12:00 – 12:25 Third Round of Topic(s) – 20 minutes: 5 minute review
- What are your expectations for collaboration?, How do we reward and improve collaboration?
- How do things such as competitive grants, the merit and promotion process, and ANR Strategic Initiatives affect collaboration?
12:30 – Working Lunch in small groups
1:00 – 1:25 Fourth Round of Topic(s) – 20 minutes; 5 minute review
- What works well to create opportunities for synergy? How could the existing mechanisms (Strategic Initiatives, Program Teams, and/or Workgroups be improved? Any other ideas?
- How does/should ANR connect its planning process to the campuses?
- What are the strengths and weakness of locating specialists outside of departments?
- How do we maintain the success and reputation of ANR?
1:25 – 1:50 Open Topic for participants – What other issue/topics do you want to share with UC ANR leaders to strengthen the network of ANR academics?
1:50 –Next Steps
Key outcomes from each dialogue session will be posted to the PACE site.
Further conversations will occur at the ANR Statewide Conference April 11
AAC PACE committee to develop report to UC ANR leaders for Program Council discussion, as first step
1:55 – Wrap –up and evaluation of the meeting