- Update participants on the current status of PPV world-wide and how the disease is being managed under different threat scenarios;
- Exchange information on strategies that may be used to deal with an introduction of PPV in California and the Western States;
- Promote awareness of educational and extension tools that can be made available to growers, processors, packers, importers, and other entities in the stone fruit industry, and the general public that provide useful information concerning the threat of PPV and its potential spread;
- Identify short- and long-term research programs that will minimize the threat of PPV to California and U.S. stone fruit growers;
- Explore funding opportunities for conducting work under items 1-4.