Beginning Poultry Farmer Workshops
Thank you for your interest in our beginning free-range/pastured poultry farmer workshops! At these workshops, we will have talks, hands-on laboratories, and local farm tours. Each workshop will be unique, and will feature experts in the field and local farmers leading conversations about husbandry, preventative practices, coop design, marketing, profitability, regulations and more! These workshops will be held throughout California and in Corvallis, OR.
Check back soon for our new courses coming in Spring 2020!
If you would like to request a fee waiver, please contact Macie Tanaka at firstname.lastname@example.org. We don't want anyone missing out on information because they are unable to afford the courses!
Missed our workshop series? Click here to view the recordings and resources from those workshops!
- 1/7/19: Overview of pastured poultry husbandry, pasture management, and common diseases
- 1/15/19: Coop design, regulations, economics, and marketing
- 1/31/19: Alternative poultry species
- 2/8/19: Pastured poultry nutrition and egg quality
- 3/27/19: Disease prevention and pastured poultry welfare