March 18-20, 2019 Positive Youth Development Meeting
Positive Youth Development Program Team presents
Multicultural Youth Development: Embracing Diversity - Fostering Inclusion
Monday, March 18-Wednesday, March 20
Valley Conference Center, 2801 Second Street, Davis, CA
Purpose: Bring together ANR academics and 4-H CES staff to:
- Share efforts, program models, strategies, and lessons learned
- Provide professional development on inclusiveness and intercultural competence
- Begin a mentoring program to build capacity to work with diverse youth and communities.
These purposes align with the new 4-H Strategic Plan and UC ANR's Strategic Plan.
- Hold workgroup meetings
- Share the 2018 NIFA Report
- Share/network: Share California county efforts (programs & research) to embrace diversity and foster inclusion
- Report on three-years of the UC 4-H Latino Initiative
- Professional Development: Introduce advisors and staff to critical topics to consider when embracing diversity and inclusion in their 4-H programs
- Initiate a 4-H diversity mentoring program
Who Should Attend:
ANR Academics and Programmatic Staff. Programmatic Staff are asked to obtain approval from your supervisor or program lead.
View the latest Healthy Families & Communities Strategic Plan!