Is it a Recharge Activity?
You’ve identified the need for a new or modified activity but should it be billed as a Recharge Rate?
RECHARGE CRITERIA CHECKLIST
In order to establish a new recharge and/or income activity, all questions below must be answered “Yes”.
- Is there continuous demand for the activity?
- Are services provided on a regular and continuing basis?
- Are services identifiable?
- Are there separate costs (or costs that can be separated) for the services?
- Can rates be stated in measurable units of goods or services such as . per acre, labor hour, etc..
- Are the rates charged the same for all users (UC affiliated and non-UC affiliated) *excluding the Non-University Differential (NUD)*
- Are the rates reasonable?
- Is there a sound business case supporting the activity? E.g. Does the activity support ANR’s mission?
- Does the activity operate on a break-even basis?