Become a Master Food Preserver
- Contribute to your community. Every year UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers contribute several thousand hours of educational service helping keep our community safe and healthy.
- Enjoy working together with a great group of food enthusiasts.
- Gain excellent knowledge about preserving fresh produce.
UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers receive an intensive training program in home food preservation. Instruction provides practical courses in the following topics
- Food safety
- Boiling water and atmospheric steam canning
- Pressure canning
- Canning jams & jellies
- Pickling and fermenting
- Dehydrating fruits and vegetables
- Freezing foods
Classes meet several times a month, with multiple hands-on labs to learn the food preservation techniques, with outside study in addition to class time. Quizzes, special projects and a final examination prepares the trainees to begin their first year of volunteer service.
Enter your contact information on and we will contact you with details about our next training. http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=29195
UC Cooperative Extension San Bernardino offices have relocated:
San Bernardino County Library Highland Branch 7863 Central Ave, Highland, CA 92346-4107
Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment please contact Dee Denton @ firstname.lastname@example.org
San Bernardino Master Food Preservers are still here to answer your questions and address needs via Facebook @ SBMFP
Need Help Preserving Your Harvest? Ask a Master Food Preserver!
Contact the Master Food Preserver Helpline:
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SBMFP