UC Cooperative Extension San Bernardino offices are closed; staff and volunteers are all working remotely.
We are still here to answer your questions and address needs during this unprecedented situation. Please contact our office at (909) 387-2194 to leave a message and someone will return your call. You can also reach us on Facebook @ SBMFP
We canceled all face-to-face classes and events. We will continue to adjust our schedules to follow CDC and UC ANR recommendations. The health and safety of UC Master Food Preserver volunteers, staff and our extended community is our number one priority. Thank you for your understanding.
Become a Master Food Preserver
- Contribute to your community. Every year UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers contribute several thousand hours of educational service helping keep our community safe and healthy.
- Enjoy working together with a great group of food enthusiasts.
- Gain excellent knowledge about preserving fresh produce.
UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers receive an intensive training program in home food preservation. Instruction provides practical courses in the following topics
- Food safety
- Boiling water and atmospheric steam canning
- Pressure canning
- Canning jams & jellies
- Pickling and fermenting
- Dehydrating fruits and vegetables
- Freezing foods
Classes meet several times a month, with multiple hands-on labs to learn the food preservation techniques, with outside study in addition to class time. Quizzes, special projects and a final examination prepares the trainees to begin their first year of volunteer service.
Enter your contact information on and we will contact you with details about our next training. http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=29195
Need Help Preserving Your Harvest? Ask a Master Food Preserver!
Contact the Master Food Preserver Helpline:
Phone: (909) 387-2194