Become a Master Food Preserver
- Contribute to your community. Every year UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers contribute several thousand hours of educational service helping keep our community safe and healthy.
- Enjoy working together with a great group of food enthusiasts.
- Gain excellent knowledge about preserving fresh produce.
UCCE Master Food Preserver volunteers receive an intensive training program in home food preservation. Instruction provides practical courses in the following topics
- Food safety
- Boiling water and atmospheric steam canning
- Pressure canning
- Canning jams & jellies
- Pickling and fermenting
- Dehydrating fruits and vegetables
- Freezing foods
Classes meet several times a month, with multiple hands-on labs to learn the food preservation techniques, with outside study in addition to class time. Quizzes, special projects and a final examination prepares the trainees to begin their first year of volunteer service.
Enter your contact information on and we will contact you with details about our next training. http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=29195
Next Class: Tea, Treats and Jam Making February 29, 2020
Register Now : http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=29474
Note Location and Time change for this class
Please explore our Calendar of Events for upcoming classes and events.
Need Help Preserving Your Harvest? Ask a Master Food Preserver!
Contact the Master Food Preserver Helpline:
Phone: (909) 387-2194