Virtual Robotics Contest (May 30)
The State Robotics Event is a place for 4-H members to showcase their skills and learning in robotics. It also provides an opportunity for you and your leaders to network with others across the state who are interested in robotics and other STEM-related programs and activities. This will be a low stress event and we want everyone to have a successful and positive experience. Spectators need to register so they can get the Zoom link to watch.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
Register by May 13, 2020 by 5:00pm
Saturday, May 30, 2020
11:00 am –1:00 pm
Meeting Place: Virtual via ZOOM link provided upon registering.
- 11:00am - Registered participants and teams log on to Robockly and connect on Zoom.
- 11:00 – 11:15 am: Check-in & Roll Call; Introductions
- 11:15 am – 1:00 pm: Each contestant will demonstrate their RoboBlockly code and virtual robot task.
- When it’s your turn to present, share your screen to demonstrate your Robocklly code.
- Results will be shared during the Awards Ceremony on May 31 at 6pm.
- Evaluation forms will be emailed by June 12 by the respective contest coordinator. Certificates and pins will be mailed to UCCE 4-H county offices by June 30 (depending on shelter-in-place restrictions).
Spectators should register too so they can get the Zoom link to watch.
- All participants will use RoboBlockly, a virtual robot, to complete the required task.
- RoboBlockly is a virtual environment which allows users manipulate a robot virtually.
- RoboBlockly can be accessed here: https://roboblockly.com/
- RoboBlockly tutorials can be found here: https://www.roboblockly.org/tutorial.php
Three Levels of Competition
- Level 1 – Obstacle Course
- Level 2 – The Clover Artist
- Level 3 – Creative Challenge: Synchronized Robot Dance Routine
You can do some or all of the three competitions. It’s up to you! 4-Hers will receive certificate for each completed competition level. Only 4-Hers who complete all three levels will receive a pin.
Read more in the competition overview: 2020 California State 4-H Robotics Competition (revised 3/30/2020)