State Fashion Revue
SFR 2022: Fashion Returns
State Fashion Revue is one of the events that comprise State Field Day. Still to be determined are the date, location, and whether it is virtual, in-person, or a combination. The 5 categories with descriptions are below, along with the 2022 service project. We encourage all 4-H members to reuse, re-purpose, and recycle!
Junior, Intermediate,and Senior members who are County Winners in the 5 state categories are eligible to enter 2022 State Fashion Revue.
Each county may qualify one member per category and age division. See the Participant Information page for more information.
- Enrollment in the Clothing & Textiles/Sewing project is required for Traditional and Box Challenge only. The other 3 categories are open to any 4-H member.
- Consumer Science Purchased $40 limit
- The Box Challenge
- Historical Challenge
- Trashion Fashion Challenge
2022 Age Divisions, as of 12/31/21
- Junior, age 9-10
- Intermediate, age 11-13
- Senior, age 14-18
The State 4-H Fashion Revue:
- Provides educational activities for youth who are learning and growing in citizenship, leadership and life skills
- Inspires appreciation of clothing, textiles, consumer science, and personal development
- Introduces opportunities to extend youth leadership and communication
- Promotes self esteem through individual expression
Information from 2021 State Fashion Revue:
2022 Service Project
"Bag it, Don't Trash it"
Make reusable bags out of recycled T-shirts. The sewing is simple and the uses are many!
All 4-H'ers are encouraged to make the service project items, collect, and deliver them in their home counties. Please let the SFR committee know how many were made and donated.
- SFR Modeling Guide: Clue Yourself into Modeling
- 4-H sewing project manual (Mississippi State Extension Service)
- Sewing Skills Progress Chart
- The Total Look
- The Total Look Leader's Guide
- Measuring Up, Quality standards for sewn items
- Ready-made garment analysis
- Fashion Modeling
The 4-H Sewing project information from National 4-H. Includes links to curriculum on Shop 4-H site.
Community Service Resources
Links to patterns for Reusable bags:
RESOURCES FOR COUNTIES
2021 Scorecards in Word, for counties to personalize: