Evaluators are an important part of making the competitions successful! As an evaluator, you help youth improve by giving them feedback based on a standard evaluation rubric and written constructive feedback. Each contest has supporting guides and instructions for submitting evaluation metrics and feedback.
State Presentation Day Evaluators and Room Hosts
Evaluators observe youth presentations and provide written feedback to help youth improve their public speaking abilities. Evaluators take the perspective that they are an educator and are reviewing presentations to offer insights on what youth are doing well and where they need improvement.
- 4-H volunteer leaders, 4-H staff, 4-H members (older than 16 years of age and not giving a presentation), and people from other organizations with experience in public speaking.
- Complete online course, "4-H Presentation Day Evaluator Orientation" before the evaluator orientation.
- Attend an evaluator orientation, date tba.
- Become familiar with the 4-H Presentation Manual Revised January 2021.
- Evaluate 6 presentations during one time slot (or sign-up for multiple time slots).
- Complete the digital evaluation form and provide written positive and constructive feedback to help each presenter improve.
Youth Room Host
Youth room hosts help ensure a smooth functioning set of presentations. In the virtual 2021 State 4-H Presentation Events, they will have Zoom "Host" responsibilities.
- 4-H members age 9 to 18; senior members with experience in Zoom preferred.
Interview Contest Evaluator
Eligibility: Youth age 16 or older; adults
- Review and understand the 4-H Interview Contest Manual and judging rubrics.
- Provide written constructive feedback to help each candidate improve.
State 4-H Fashion Revue Evaluators and Room Hosts
Evaluators are an important component of State Fashion Revue. Sign up to evaluate the outfits presented by youth participants in the 5 SFR categories. An orientation will be provided as well as ongoing communication with the SFR Committee. Evaluators and participants will meet virtually using Zoom during specific time slots in the morning and afternoon on May 8, 15, and 16.
We need adult Evaluators and teen Room Hosts for May 8/15/16. We especially need approved 4-H volunteer leaders as evaluators so we can utilize breakout rooms.
For more information about State Fashion Revue, see the SFR Guide 2021.
Senior members, age 14-19, host each SFR evaluation breakout room and introduce the participants to the evaluation panel. Experience with Zoom and public speaking is important for this position. Sign up for a specific time slot during the morning or afternoon of May 8, 15, and 16. A script will be provided.
State Fashion Revue Committee
State Fashion Revue Committee
Assist in planning and hosting State Fashion Revue. Sewing experience is not required!
2021 Youth Chairs: Emily Lavell and Gianna Lovell, both of Sonoma County
SFR Youth Tech: Sydney Yoshimura, Sacramento County
The SFR Committee is open to youth and adults enrolled in California 4-H. Meetings are via Zoom. If you would like information, contact us at 4HCAStateFashionRevue@gmail.com