The Professional's Guide to Sustainable Landscaping
Resources to help you:
- Use water conservatively
- Build and maintain soil health
- Eliminate non-storm run-off to storm drains
- Use plants appropriate for their space, use, and climate
- Minimize green waste to the landfill
- Provide food and shelter for beneficial wildlife
- Minimize chemical fertilizers and pesticides in the environment through INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT
GREEN GARDENER TRAINING
Course for professional maintenance gardeners
Next course begins February 2020. FIND OUT MORE by clicking HERE.
Click for a list of San Joaquin County Qualified Green Gardeners for download
CLICK HERE for
The year 2004 was a crossroads for Ventura County agriculture. Stricter water quality regulations promised over the past decade were finally being implemented. Regulatory agencies were mandating changes that would greatly impact agriculture, especially the intensely managed nursery industry. There was much concern that the new regulations would drive Ventura County nurseries out of business or into other areas where regulations were not as restrictive. Another concern was that substantial capital would be required to comply with these regulations, especially for those nurseries where the best solution would be the construction of recycling and water capture systems.