The Professional's Guide to Sustainable Landscaping
Resources to help you:
- Use water conservatively
- Build and maintain soil health
- Eliminate non-storm run-off to storm drains
- Use plants appropriate for their space, use, and climate
- Minimize green waste to the landfill
- Provide food and shelter for beneficial wildlife
- Minimize chemical fertilizers and pesticides in the environment through INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT
GREEN GARDENER TRAINING
Course for professional maintenance gardeners
Course being taught in Spanish beginning June 16- Check out the Calendar of Events for more details!
Click for a list of San Joaquin County Qualified Green Gardeners for download
After clicking the MAKE A GIFT button, select from the Designation drop-down menu: San Joaquin County- Environmental Horticulture
Lygus bugs are a key economic pest of many crops in California, including field crops, vegetables, nuts and fruits. There are 43 species of Lygus bugs in the world, 34 of which are known to exist in North America. Three species are reportedly found in the central San Joaquin Valley of California: Lygus hesperus, Lygus elisus, and Lygus lineolaris. To date, there has been no simple method to distinguish among these three species. Pest management strategies must begin with correct identification.