How Do I Open A Charter?
CA 4-H Mission Statement:
“The University of California 4-H Youth Development Program engages youth in reaching their fullest potential while advancing the field of youth development.”
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are 4-H charter requirements?
A 4-H unit shall apply and receive a 4-H Charter from the county UCCE office before it begins operating as 4-H unit. See Request for 4-H Charter . A group requesting a 4-H charter must submit the following to the UCCE county office:
- Enrollment forms for at least five (5) or more members from three (3) families.
- Volunteer applications or volunteer appointment cards for at least two (2) or more adult volunteers.
- Constitution and bylaws.
- An official unit or group name. See Naming 4-H Clubs, Units, Programs, Events, and Websites
- Who approves 4-H Charters?
- All charters are approved by our local County Director and CA 4-H State office after appropriate paperwork is submitted to the 4-H Community Education Specialist.
- Can I open a charter in a school or for an after school program?
- Yes. Charters can be open for in school and after school sessions. The charter requirements and steps are the same as for our community club programs.
Submit a Charter Request
Coming soon! Contact email@example.com for inquires.