Travel and Lodging
Conference Venue and Parking
7th Sudden Oak Death Science Symposium - Tuesday, June 25 & Wednesday, June 26
Parking: Parking is available for a fee near the Golden Gate Club (map and cost). Public transportation or carpooling is encouraged.
Field Trip to Mt. Tamalpais - Thursday, June 27
Venue and Parking: The field trip departs from the Presidio Main Post parking lot at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday morning, and returns at 5 p.m. Parking is available there for a fee (the Main Post parking lot is less than a half mile from the Golden Gate Club).
We are hoping that people can arrange to participate in the SOD7 without renting a car.
View guidance on local public transportation options to get to the Golden Gate Club.
Other public transportation options
- Muni (local buses, streetcars, and trolleys)
- Cable cars – ride the nation’s only moving Historic Landmark!
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART; regional train that connects San Francisco to airports and the East Bay)
- 511.org – general transportation planning tool for the whole Bay region
For those staying in the Presidio, there is a free shuttle (PresidiGo) that runs between downtown San Francisco and The Presidio.
There is no on-site lodging for the conference but there are a number of nearby options at varying costs and comfort levels. We encourage you to make your personal reservations soon to ensure lodging during the high tourist season in San Francisco.
Youth Hostel: One of the closest lodging options to the meeting site is a Youth Hostel, a short 10-minute walk through the parklands of Fort Mason.
Extend Your Visit
The San Francisco Bay Area has a variety of wildlands to explore, a wealth of cultural activities, scenic vistas, and fresh, world-class food. To learn more about ways to make the most of your visit, go to…
- The Presidio
- The Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Crissy Field
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- City Guides (free) walking tours
And much more…