California's Statewide Wood Energy Team
The California Statewide Wood Energy Team (SWET) is a subgroup of the ad-hoc CA Forest Biomass Working Group. They work directly with wood energy businesses and community-led wood energy projects to provide expertise, technical assistance, and small grants. The team also produces work to effectively develop the California wood energy industry.
Through a cooperative agreement between the US Forest Service and The Watershed Research and Training Center, SWET is funded through 2018 to do the following activities:
- Provide a Network of Wood Energy Expertise for Communities
- Conduct Outreach to Communities Interested in Pursuing Wood Energy
- Conduct Community Interest Workshops
- Research and compile Funding Information
- Present the Financial Community with useful Resources
- Provide free Pre-feasibility Assessments worth $2,500
- Assist Communities in applying for full Feasibility Assessment Funding
- Help Projects overcome general Barriers
Much of SWET's work with certain approved communities is done in collaboration with the California Forest Products Business Accelerator (CFPBA). CFPBA is a partnership between the SWET and the Sierra Institute's Rural Community Development Initiative. This partnership works with corporations, non-profit organizations and underserved communities in rural, forested regions of California to develop a wide range of wood product manufacturing businesses.
To learn more about California's SWET or to request assistance, email martin (at) thewatershedcenter.com or call (406) 207-1756, or come meet SWET members at an outreach event.
SWET Frequently Asked Questions: SWET_FAQs
A brief description of SWET offerings by Category: SWET_Offerings
Assistance Request Application: SupportApplication