Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about UC's systemwide policy to make all UC campuses and other facilities smoke and tobacco free.
- What about Medical Marijuana?
- Under what authority does the University have the power to restrict my use of tobacco in my house that I lease from the Regents?
- What are e-cigarettes and why are they included?
- Regarding voluntary use of respirators, what is the frequency of refresher training on this? For example, if I train employees and they fill the forms out for voluntary use in September, when will they need to be trained and the forms filled out again?
- The standard is for AQI PM2.5 only correct? Not for AQI ozone.
- What do we do if we cannot find AQI PM2.5 data for our location? We have tried all the recommended sources, but there is no published real-time monitoring that serves our area.
- While the regulation (8CC5141.1) is specific to "wildfire" smoke, if there was an AQI PM2.5 over 151 without a "active" wildfire, would we still need to adhere to the Cal-OSHA standard?