Christina A. Hecht Ph.D
UC ANR Nutrition Policy Institute CoordinatorUniversity of California - ANR
1111 Franklin St., 10th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607-5200
Ph.D. Population Dynamics, Johns Hopkins. 1991
B.A. Human Biology, Stanford University. 1978
- A.I., Patel; C.E., Hecht; A., Cradock; M.A., Edwards; LD.., Ritchie (In Press). Drinking Water in the United States: Implications of Water Safety, Access and Consumption. Annual Review of Nutrition.
- Park, S; Onufrak, S; Cradock, A; Patel, A; Hecht, C; Merlo, C; Blanck, HM. (2020). Correlates of infrequent plain water intake among US high school students: National Youth Risk Behavior Survey, 2017. Am J Health Promt. 34:5, 549-554. Published online first on March 18, 2020.
- Patel, A.I.; Podrabsky, M.; Hecht, A.A.; Morris, S.; Yovanovich, S.; Walkinshaw, L.P.; Ritchie, L; and Hecht, C. (2020). Development and Validation of a Photo‐Evidence Tool to Examine Characteristics of Effective Drinking Water Access in Schools. J School Health. 90, 271-277.
- Altman, Emily; Lee, Kevin; Hecht, Christina; Hampton, Karla; Moreno, Gala; Patel, Anisha (2020). Drinking water access in California schools: Room for improvement following implementation of school water policies. Preventive Medicine Reports. 19. September.
- Cooper, A; Altman, E; Hecht, C; Bruce, J; Patel, A. (2020). Stories of success: A qualitative examination of contributors to excellence in school drinking water access. Public Health Nutrition. 1-10.
- Patel, AI; Hecht, AA; Hampton, KE; Hecht, C; Buck, S (2019). Agua4All: Providing Safe Drinking Water in Rural California Communities. Prev Chronic Dis. 16, E151. 2019 Nov 14.
- Walkinshaw, LP; Hecht, C; Patel, A; Podrabsky, M. (2019). Training high school student “citizen scientists” to document school water access: a feasibility study. Journal of School Health. 89, 653-661. 6/3/19. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/josh.12790
- Grummon, Anna H; Sokol, Rebekah; Hecht, Christina A; Patel, Anisha I (2018). Measuring beverage consumption in US children and adolescents: a systematic review. Obesity Reviews.
- Hook, EB; Carothers, AD; Hecht, CA (1999). Elevated maternal age-specific rates of Down syndrome liveborn offspring of women of Mexican and Central American origin in California. Prenatal Diagnosis. 19:3, 245-51.
- Carothers, AD; Hecht, CA; Hook, EB (1999). International variation in reported live-birth prevalence rates of Down syndrome, adjusted for maternal age. J Med Genet. 36:5, 386-93.
- Hecht, CA; Hook, EB (1996). Rates of Down syndrome at live-birth by one-year maternal age intervals in studies with apparent close to complete ascertainment in populations of European origin: A proposed revised rate schedule for use in genetic and prenatal screening. Am Jour Med Genet. 62:4, 376-85.
- Hecht, CA; Hook, EB (1994). The imprecision in rates of Down syndrome by 1-year maternal age intervals: a critical analysis of rates used in biochemical screening. Prenatal Diagnosis. 14:8, 729-38.
- Hecht, C. (2019). Rara Avis: My Childhood at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. Member Magazine for the American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.C. Dorn. https://www.asbmb.org/asbmb-today/people/090119/j-thomas-august-1927-2019
- Cradock, AL; Hecht, CA; Poole, MK; Vollmer, LY; Flax, CN; Barrett, JL (2019). State approaches to testing school drinking water for lead in the United States. Chan School of Public Health; 1/9/19. https:// www.hsph.harvard.edu/prc/projects/ school-research/early-adopters
- Hecht, Christina (2018). Green Schools National Network Newsletter. Safe Water in Schools: What do we know? What can we do? https://greenschoolsnationalnetwork.org/safe-water-in-schools-what-do-we-know-what-can-we-do/