Dr. Daniela Bruno
Dairy AdvisorCooperative Extension Fresno County
550 E. Shaw Avenue, Suite 210-B
Fresno, CA 93710
Ph.D. Comparative Pathology, UC Davis. 2009
DVM Veterinary Medicine, The Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil. 2002
- Communication Award: Team Newsletter
Presented by National Association of County Agricultural Agents, 2020
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Livestock and Dairy - General
- Dairy Cattle / Milk / Other Dairy Prod
- Animal Diseases
- Animal Welfare/Well-Being and Protection
- Reproductive Performance of Animals
- Genetic Improvement of Animals
- Animal Physiological Processes
- Environmental Stress in Animals
- Animal Management Systems
- A. Lago, D. R. Bruno (2016). Efficacy of a glycolic acid-based and an iodine-based post-milking barrier teat disinfectants for prevention of new intramammary infections in dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 99:9, 7467-7472. June.
- Hemant Naikare, Daniela Bruno (2015). Development and Evaluation of a Novel Taqman Real-Time PCR Assay for Rapid Detection of Mycoplasma bovis: Comparison of Assay Performance with a Conventional PCR Assay and Another Taqman Real-Time PCR Assay. Veterinary Science. 2, 32-42.
- Daniela R. Bruno, Paul V. Rossitto (2010). Differential levels of mRNA transcripts encoding immunologic mediators in mammary gland secretions from dairy cows with subclinical environmental Streptococci infections. Journal of Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology. 138, 15-24. November.
- Jessica M.V.Pereira, Daniela Bruno (2020). Beef semen management practices in California dairy herds. ADSA annual meeting. American Dairy Science Association. June.
- Bruno, D (2020). Case Report: An Epidemiological Investigation of a Clinical Mastitis Outbreak in a Commercial Jersey Dairy in the Central Valley of California. National Mastitis Council. January.
- Bruno, Daniela; Grow, Holly Jean; Sutherland, Sandra; Lopez-Benavides, Mario (2018). Acids with sanitizing properties sustain acceptable cleaning and milk quality standards. National Mastitis Council.
- D.R. Bruno, M.Lopez-Benavies (2018). Comparison of 3 navel dip products on prevention of navel umbilical inflammation. World Buiatrics Congress.
- D.R. Bruno, M. Lopez-Benavides (2017). Germicidal activity of different germicides against spore-forming Bacillus cereus. National Mastitis Council.
- D.R. Bruno, M. Lopez-Benavides (2016). Changes in teat condition observed when switching pre and post-milking teat disinfectants. National Mastitis Council.
- Daniela Bruno, Mario Lopez-Benavides (2015). Efficacy of an Organic acid derivative compared to copper sulfate on prevention of new digital dermatitis infections. Lameness in Ruminants.
- Hemant Naikare, Daniela Bruno (2012). TaqMan real-time PCR based detection of Mycoplasma bovis. AAVLD meeting.
- Hemant Naikare, Alesia Reinisch (2010). Culture and Real-time PCR based diagnosis of bovine Tritrichomoniasis. AAVLD meeting.
- D.F.R. Bruno, R.G.S Bruno (2010). Cytokine gene expression patterns of milk from healthy bovine mammary glands in late and early lactation. American Dairy Science Association Meeting.
- Bruno, Daniela Resende (2010). Dry Cow Mastitis and Immunotherapy: The use of natural body defenses. Progressive Dairyman Magazine. 24:4.
- Sprowls, Daniela Resende Bruno and Robert (2010). Metabolic Profiling in Dairy Cattle. Texas Veterinary Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory website.
- R.G.S. Bruno, A.C. Denicol (2009). Effect of Progesterone Insert During Presynchronization Program on Reproductive Responses of Dairy Cows. American Dairy Science Association Meeting.
- D.F. Resende, K. Glenn (2009). Microbiology Results of Milk Samples from California Dairies Received between 1999 and 2008. American Dairy Science Association Meeting.
- A. Kenyon, D.F. Resende (2009). Prototheca Mastitis Outbreak Investigation in Lactating Jersey Cows. American Dairy Science Association Meeting.
- D.F. Resende, R.G.S. Bruno (2007). Results of milk samples submitted for Mycoplasma spp examination from California dairies between 1999 and 2005. American Dairy Science Association Meeting.
- R.G. S. Bruno, M.F. Sa Filho (2007). The effect of uterine infection of ceftiofur in the immediate postpartum on uterine health in dairy Cows. American Dairy Science Association Meeting.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Dairy Health and Production - Member