Dr. Yu Meng
Youth Family and Community AdvisorImperial County
1050 E. Holton Road
Holtville, CA 92250
Youth, Families, and Communities Statewide Program
California 4-H Foundation
Ph.D. Nutrition Science, Oregon State University. 2018
M.S. Nutrition and Food Science, Utah State University. 2012
B.S. Food Science and Engineering, Southern China University of Technology. 2010
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Human Nutrition
- Youth Development
- Community Development
- Nutrition Education
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Patton-Lopez, M.; M., Manore M.; Branscum, A.; Meng, Y.; Wong, S.S. (2018). Changes in Sport Nutrition Knowledge, Attitudes/Beliefs and Behaviors Following a Two-Year Sport Nutrition Education and Life-Skills Intervention among High School Soccer Players. Nutrients.
- Y, Meng; M, Manore M.; M.J., Schuna; M.M., Patton-Lopez; A., Branscum; S., Wong S. (2018). Promoting Healthy Diet, Physical Activity, and Life-Skills in High School Athletes: Results from the WAVE Ripples for Change Childhood Obesity Prevention 2-Year Intervention. Nutrients.
- Y., Meng; S., Wong S.; M., Manore M.; M.M., Patton-Lopez (2018). WAVE Ripples for Change Obesity 2-y Intervention in High School Soccer Players: Process evaluation, best practices, and youth engagement. Nutrients.
- Manore, M. M.; Patton-Lopez, M. M.; Meng, Y; Wong, S. S. (2017). Sport Nutrition Knowledge, Behaviors and Beliefs of High School Soccer Players. Nutrients.
- SS., Wong; Y., Meng; N., Hongu; P.D., Loprinzi (2014). Smart applications to track and record physical activity: implications for obesity treatment. Smart Homecare Technology. 77.
- Meng, Y.; Nemere, I. (2013). The Effects of 24R, 25Dihydroxyvitamin D3 and 24S, 25Dihydroxyvitamin D3 on Phosphate Transport in Vivo. Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic Agents in Medicinal Chemistry (Formerly Current Medicinal Chemistry-Immunology, Endocrine and Metabolic Agents). 13:1, 60-67.
- Sterling, T.M.; Khanal, R.C.; Meng, Y.; Zhang, Y.; Nemere, Y. (2013). Vitamin-Binding Proteins: Functional Consequences Rapid Pre-Gernomic Responses of Vitamin D, Chapter 5. CRC press.