Dr. Yu Meng
1050 E. Holton Road
Holtville, CA 92250
Dr. Yu Meng is the Youth Family and Community Advisor in Imperial County. She academically oversees UC CalFresh, 4-H Positive Youth Development, and Farm Smart program in Imperial County and conducts applied research. She has more than 5 years of experience conducting community nutrition research and developing youth development program. Her background is in Nutrition Science with an emphasis on community nutrition and public health. Dr. Meng is familiar with behavior principles, impact and process evaluation framework, and research-based intervention development. Her research and programmatic interests include food security, community/home gardening, building community capacity, youth engagement, and obesity prevention.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Human Nutrition
- Youth Development
- Community Development
- Nutrition Education
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Patton-Lopez, M.; M., Manore M.; Branscum, A.; Meng, Y.; Wong, S.S. (2018). Changes in Sport Nutrition Knowledge, Attitudes/Beliefs and Behaviors Following a Two-Year Sport Nutrition Education and Life-Skills Intervention among High School Soccer Players. Nutrients.
- Y, Meng; M, Manore M.; M.J., Schuna; M.M., Patton-Lopez; A., Branscum; S., Wong S. (2018). Promoting Healthy Diet, Physical Activity, and Life-Skills in High School Athletes: Results from the WAVE Ripples for Change Childhood Obesity Prevention 2-Year Intervention. Nutrients.
- Y., Meng; S., Wong S.; M., Manore M.; M.M., Patton-Lopez (2018). WAVE Ripples for Change Obesity 2-y Intervention in High School Soccer Players: Process evaluation, best practices, and youth engagement. Nutrients.
- Manore, M. M.; Patton-Lopez, M. M.; Meng, Y; Wong, S. S. (2017). Sport Nutrition Knowledge, Behaviors and Beliefs of High School Soccer Players. Nutrients.
- SS., Wong; Y., Meng; N., Hongu; P.D., Loprinzi (2014). Smart applications to track and record physical activity: implications for obesity treatment. Smart Homecare Technology. 77.
- Meng, Y.; Nemere, I. (2013). The Effects of 24R, 25Dihydroxyvitamin D3 and 24S, 25Dihydroxyvitamin D3 on Phosphate Transport in Vivo. Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic Agents in Medicinal Chemistry (Formerly Current Medicinal Chemistry-Immunology, Endocrine and Metabolic Agents). 13:1, 60-67.
- Sterling, T.M.; Khanal, R.C.; Meng, Y.; Zhang, Y.; Nemere, Y. (2013). Vitamin-Binding Proteins: Functional Consequences Rapid Pre-Gernomic Responses of Vitamin D, Chapter 5. CRC press.