UC Master Gardeners of Napa County
If you are having trouble viewing graphics on our Home Page:
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Flowers & Foliage for the House - Napa||4/27/2019|
|Mobile Help Desk - Mid City Nursery - American Canyon||4/27/2019|
|Earth Day - Napa||4/28/2019|
|FREE - Small Space Gardening - Napa||5/2/2019|
Weekly Newspaper Article
Added April 24, 2019
By Helen Dake, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Something changes when you put fresh flowers or foliage in a room. I have always believed this and have always tried to include plants in...
Added April 21, 2019
By T. Eric Nightingale, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Spring is finally here and that means that tomato season is around the corner. Don't get too excited, though. Even though seedlings...
Added March 29, 2019
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa...
Added March 24, 2019
by Denise Seghesio Levine, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County If I had to choose just one herb for my garden, it would have to be basil. Granted, I would want every variety of basil, from...
Added March 16, 2019
By Penny Pawl, UC Master Gardener of Napa County When you are planning your summer garden, remember the pollinators. Bees and other pollinators are in trouble in California and across the U.S. and...
Added March 11, 2019
By T. Eric Nightingale, U.C. Master Gardener of Napa County Spring is around the corner, ready to bring new opportunities to spend time in our gardens. While many of us find this thought...
Added March 5, 2019
By Heather Dooley and Pat Hitchcock, UC Master Gardeners of Napa County The recent rain and cool weather have given us plenty of time to pore over all those seed catalogs looking for a new vegetable...