Mobile users to find offerings and events menu. Click the 'Vent'
The Master Gardener program is a volunteer organization associated with the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research based knowledge on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California and to be guided by
our core values and strategic initiatives.
Master Gardener volunteers:
- are trained, non-paid teaching staff certified to extend practical horticultural information to Napa County residents.
- receive an intensive 88-hour training program over a 3-month period to become certified. Instruction provides a practical course in plant science and horticulture.
- stay up-to-date on current UC research gardening information through continuing education provided by the UC Cooperative Extension.
- For more information regarding Napa County UC Cooperative Extension offerings please click the logo below:
What we provide:
- Help Desk, free of charge, to answer home gardening questions.
- Integrated Grape Team of Napa County to assist hobby vineyardists with gardening questions.
- Information at public workshops, farmers markets.
- Home gardening information using gardening resources on this Web site.
- Need a speaker? Master Gardeners are available to speak to your group on a gardening topic.
Master Gardener Calendar
|Step-by-Step Garden Design||2/29/2020|
|Sustainable Vegetable Gardening Series||3/1/2020|
|Add Zeal to Your Curb Appeal - Napa Library FREE talk||3/5/2020|
|Spring & Summer Vegetables - Yountville||3/8/2020|
Weekly Newspaper Article
By Denise Seghesio Levine, UC Master Gardener of Napa County First, a disclaimer. While there are many wonderful landscape and garden designers who are Master Gardeners, I am not...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, UC Master Gardener of Napa County Plants are a terrific way to create a privacy screen for your garden, or to create a shady space in summer. For privacy screens,...
By Denise Seghesio Levine, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County ...
By Susanne von Rosenberg, U. C. Master Gardener of Napa County Regular readers of this column know that it is possible to grow vegetables year-round in Napa County. But did you know...