Lawrence J. Schwankl Ph.D.
9240 S. Riverbend Ave.
Parlier, CA 93648
- Irrigation Management (Publications & Presentations)
- Irrigation Management
Ph.D., Civil Engineering/Irrigation, University of California, Davis
Drip, sprinkler, and flood irrigation systems with emphasis on irrigation of trees and vines. Irrigation system maintenance and chemigation. Irrigation scheduling using soil moisture monitoring and evapotranspiration techniques.
SpecialtyIrrigation engineering, design, operation and management of irrigation systems, soil moisture monitoring, low-volume irrigation
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
California Agriculture Article Contributions
- Furrow torpedoes improve irrigation water advance
- In laboratory and field tests, water conditioners fail to improve infiltration or prevent clogging
- Before-and-after tests on emitters show organic fertilizers can be injected through low-volume irrigation systems
- Uniformity of low-energy precise-application (LEPA) irrigation machines
- Weed control by subsurface drip irrigation
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Almond - Member
- Precision Agriculture - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Walnut - Member
- Water Quality - Member