Are you wondering about the results of the Work Environment Assessment conducted in 2012? Survey results have now been tabulated and analyzed, and they will be made available to you in a series of six workshops this spring. Workshops will be held around the state and location specific survey data will be presented at each one. Register for the workshop in your area at http://ucanr.edu/weworkshop.
The objectives of the workshops are to
- share results of the 2012 Work Environment Assessment
- engage in discussion about what it means to have a welcoming and inclusive work environment
- conduct a participatory dialogue on ANR values and how they might translate into Principles of Community. Identify 2 or 3 academic/staff employees to serve on a committee that will direct the process for finalizing ANR's statewide Principles of Community
- clarify the purpose and benefits of having a Staff Assembly for ANR. Identify 2 or 3 staff employees to serve on a committee that will develop a process for forming a statewide ANR Staff Assembly
All academics and staff (including county-paid staff) have been invited to participate in discussion of data from the Work Environment Assessment along with additional insights gleaned from prior listening sessions. Although the assessment data we have does not include campus-based CE specialists (they received the campus version of the survey), they have been invited to participate in our workshops along with the rest of their ANR colleagues.
Because we will be reviewing data specific to each regional grouping, attendance at each workshop is limited to those employees in that specific grouping. Please note that the administrative units in Oakland and Davis and at Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center (BOC-K) have their own joint workshop on May 20.
Dates and locations for each workshop are listed below. For more information, check the website at http://ucanr.edu/sites/wesurvey/.
- South, San Diego – Monday, March 2
- Central Valley, Kearney REC – Monday, March 9
- Sacramento Valley, Davis – Tuesday, March 31
- North, Redding – Wednesday, April 15
- Administrative Units (UCOP, Davis, BOC-K), Davis – Wednesday, May 20
- Coast, San Luis Obispo – Wednesday, May 27
Please plan to attend — a positive and welcoming work environment is important to all of us. Register today for the workshop in your area at http://ucanr.edu/weworkshop.