- Author: Russell D. Hill
Regional Presentation Day information
8:15 – 9:00 Check-in for Judges & Morning Snacks Available Gym/Auditorium
9:00 – 9:45 Judge Orientation Room 9
8:15 – 9:00 Check-in for Room Hosts Gym/Auditorium
9:00 – 9:30 Room Host Orientation Room 10
8:15 – 9:30 Check-in for Presenters Gymnasium/Auditorium
9:30 – 11:30 Presentations Rooms 1-8
11:30 – 1:00 Lunch available Near Gym/Auditorium
12:00 – 1:00 Command Performances (as many as time allows) Gymnasium/Auditorium
1:00 approx. Awards Assembly Gymnasium/Auditorium
- Check-in for Presenters, Judges, Room Emcees and Door Monitors will be located near the Gymnasium..
- Rooms will be grouped by age divisions, with mixed presentation formats.
- Rooms will be equipped with a table and easel. Presenters are responsible for their own AV equipment. If the presenter will need a screen in their room, it must be noted on the online registration form.
- A presenter may give up to two presentations. If giving two, they must be in different categories. The presentations may be in different rooms, so check the program carefully and realize that scheduling may be difficult. One presentation is recommended.
- The topic areas for Impromptu speeches and Problem Solving category fact sets are available at http://www.ca4h.org/leadership/spd/ . Per state rules, Impromptu presenters will randomly choose a topic and will then have 3 minutes to prepare their presentation. They may use one (1) 5x7 note card for the presentation.
- Coffee, morning snacks and lunches will be available for purchase.
- Command Performances will be given as time allows. Judges will nominate one presentation from each room for the Command Performance. Command performances will be given on stage in the Auditorium.
- During the awards assembly the presenters from each room will be asked to come up on the stage as a group for recognition.
TENAYA MIDDLE SCHOOL POLICIES
- There are to be NO FOOD OR DRINKS in the classrooms or Gymnasium
- No weapons allowed (this means no guns or bows for a shooting sports presentation)
- Tenaya Middle School is a no-smoking campus.
- We are awaiting word from the school about parking of stock or horse trailers. This information will be sent to county offices when it is available. Please keep any animal larger than a rabbit or chicken IN your trailer until it is time to set up for your presentation.
- You MUST clean up after your animal. If our committee has to clean up your mess, presenters may forfeit their award.
- Please be polite guests.
BRING WITH YOU
Each county is to bring 3 easels labeled with your county’s name.
Designate one adult to pick up the final envelope after the awards.
We look forward to seeing you on April 17 in Merced. If you need any additional information, please call Russ Hill at 209-385-7418 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tenaya Middle School is located at 760 West 8th street in Merced.
From southbound Highway 99 take the V Street exit and turn right at V Street. Heading southwest you will turn left on 8th street and drive approximately ½ mile to Tenaya Middle school on the south side of 8th street.
From northbound Highway 99 take the Martin Luther King exit, turn left and head southwest on Martin Luther King (under the Highway 99 overpass). Drive approximately ½ mile and turn right on 8th street for another ½ mile to Tenaya Middle school on your left (south side of 8th Street.)