- Author: Chris M. Webb
Growers, policy makers, community leaders, educators, journalists, and all who are interested in the future of agriculture in Ventura County are encouraged to attend. Learn how UC researchers confront invasive species.
Symposium highlights include:
- Overview of invasive species
- Giant Reed (Arundo donax L.) invasion in Ventura County
- Aquatic invader threat to water supply and native aquatic life
- Asian Citrus Psyllid – explorations for natural enemies
- Ben Faber, Ph.D., Farm Advisor,UC Coorperative Extension-Ventura County
- Dr. Adam Lambert, Research Ecologist, Cheadle Center for Biodiversity and Ecological Restoration, UCSB
- Leigh Johnson, Coastal Resources Advisor, UC Cooperative Extension-San Diego
- Mark Hoddle, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Invasive Species Research, UC Riverside
This event will be held from 8:30 am to noon at the Courtyard by Marriott in Oxnard. There is no cost to attend; however, registration is required. To learn more or to register, please visit this page of the UC Hansen Agricultural website. Questions? Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-525-9293 ext. 214.